Terms and Conditions (“Terms”):
Last Updated: 9/4/2017
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”
, “Terms and Conditions”
) carefully and completely before using the www.alumnischolarsclub.org
website (collectively referred to herein below as the “Website”
) operated by the Alumni Scholars Club (“us
, or “our”
). The Terms contained herein on this webpage shall govern your use of this Website, including all pages within. These Terms apply in full force and effect to your use of this Website, and by using this Website, you expressly accept all Terms and Conditions in full. Your access to and use of the Website is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users, and others who access or use the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with or object to any part of the Terms then you may not access the Website.
2. Content and Intellectual Property Rights:
Other then content you own, which you may have opted to include on this Website, under these Terms, the Alumni Scholars Club own all rights to the intellectual property and material contained in this Website, and all such rights are reserved. You are granted a limited license only, subject to the restrictions provided in these Terms, for purposes of viewing and interacting with the material contained on this Website. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Our Website allows you to potentially post, link, store, share, or otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material (“Content”
). You are responsible for the data with which you choose to input to the Website and agree to not hold the Alumni Scholars Club responsible for data shared that is agreed upon submission of the data. With respect to your Content, by displaying or uploading it, you grant the Alumni Scholars Club a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate, and distribute it in any and all media.
Your Content must be your own and must not be infringing on any third party’s rights. The Alumni Scholars Club reserves the right to remove any of your Content from this Website at any time, and for any reason, without notice.
This Website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics, which includes infographics and advertisements. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice and with the sole permission of the Alumni Scholars Club.
You are expressly and empathetically restricted from all of the following:
- Using this Website in any way that is, or may be, damaging to this Website;
- Using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- Using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in a way that causes, or may cause, harm to the Website, or any person or business entity;
- Engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extraction, or any other similar activity in relation to this Website, or while using this Website;
- Engaging in any form of SQL injection or malicious content submission;
- Using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing;
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from access by you and the Alumni Scholars Club may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality of such information.
4. No Warranties:
This Website is provided “as is” with all faults, and the Alumni Scholars Club makes no express or implied representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. The materials appearing on this Website could include typographical, technical, or photographic errors. The Alumni Scholars Club does not warrant that any of the material on this Website is accurate, complete, or current. Likewise, the Alumni Scholars Club maintains no commitment to update this Websites’s materials. As such, nothing contained on this Website shall be construed as providing consult or advice to you.
5. Limitation of Liability:
In no event shall the Alumni Scholars Club, nor any of its officers, directors, or employees, be liable to you for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this website, whether such liability is under contract, tort or otherwise, and the Alumni Scholars Club shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential, or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
6. External Redirection:
Our Website may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by the Alumni Scholars Club.
The Alumni Scholars Club has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that the Alumni Scholars Club shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such websites or services.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which the information is being collected;
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling these purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law;
- We will only retain personal information on this Website as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes;
- Individual information is archived via an End-of-Year process run by directors of the Alumni Scholars Club. At the termination of your services with the Alumni Scholars Club, your user account will be made inactive and information serialized to an external source. To obtain archived individual information, please contact a director of the Alumni Scholars Club;
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned;
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Failure to provide necessary (as deemed by the Alumni Scholars Club), accurate, and up-to-date information can lead to a suspension of Alumni Scholars Club privileges;
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification;
- We will make readily available to users: information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information, to the extent that it does not jeopardize the security or integrity of the Alumni Scholars Club Website.
We are committed to conducting our operations in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
8. Variation of Terms:
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new Terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion. Through use of this Website, the user acknowledges that they will conduct a thorough review of the Terms on a regular basis to ensure compliance and understanding of the Terms.
9. Entire Agreement:
These terms, including any legal notices and disclaimers contained on this Website, constitute the entire agreement between the Alumni Scholars Club and you in relation to your usage of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings with respect to the same.
If you have any specific questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact our webmaster here